Open Access Week!
Posted by gazjjohnson on 19 October, 2009
This week is Open Access week as declared by SPARC. While we’re not having any formal celebrations this week at UoL, if you are a Leicester student or academic (or indeed any member of the institution) why not celebrate the importance of freely available research makes in all our lives by:
- Sending some final author versions of published papers (or any kind of research publication output) to the LRA team.
- Use OpenDOAR Search to track down freely available research
- Find out just how open to Open Access your favourite publisher or journal is – and if you don’t like what you find out, why not drop their editor a polite note.
- Find out just what your research funding body requires of your publications to satisfy their grant requirements – and remember that the LRA team are ever ready to help you out with this!
- Find out more about what the LRA is doing for research publications and PhD thesis
- Find out more about the global efforts towards open access
- Discover more about open access publishing and journals in your field
- Or just invite one of the LRA team over for a chat over coffee and #cake
I’ll be making daily posts on aspects of the LRA and open access throughout this week – and as always we warmly welcome comments from everyone.