Feeling chuffed right now as I’ve managed to get the digital signage here to obey my commands – and so now it’s displaying a new message as well as the standard stuff. That seemed fairly easy now I know which buttons to press, though the software didn’t make it obvious I can certainly say!
Spent most of today teaching new sessions to the science postgrads on Databases and Endnote/RefWorks. A small but good bunch of students, all of whom bar one came to both sessions. I have to say it’s been rather a herculaean effort to get all the handouts and lecture slides up and running; but well worth the while. Like most first run sessions there were various things I felt could have been done better – but you generally only think of them once you’re live. But since I made the sessions fairly informal I was able to slip them in every now and again as though they were pre-planned.
I think the only two real glitches we hit were Zetoc failing to work for anyone (so I’ve passed that onto Sheree) and some of the EndNote filters not quite working like I expected – something to go away and investigate post-hoc I think.
I’ll read through the feedback tomorrow, once I start working on the Chemistry p/g sessions for next Wednesday – hoping to recycle a fair bit of info…