This week is Open Access week as declared by SPARC. While we’re not having any formal celebrations this week at UoL, if you are a Leicester student or academic (or indeed any member of the institution) why not celebrate the importance of freely available research makes in all our lives by:
- Sending some final author versions of published papers (or any kind of research publication output) to the LRA team.
- Use OpenDOAR Search to track down freely available research
- Find out just how open to Open Access your favourite publisher or journal is – and if you don’t like what you find out, why not drop their editor a polite note.
- Find out just what your research funding body requires of your publications to satisfy their grant requirements – and remember that the LRA team are ever ready to help you out with this!
- Find out more about what the LRA is doing for research publications and PhD thesis
- Find out more about the global efforts towards open access
- Discover more about open access publishing and journals in your field
- Or just invite one of the LRA team over for a chat over coffee and #cake
I’ll be making daily posts on aspects of the LRA and open access throughout this week – and as always we warmly welcome comments from everyone.